Sunday, September 4, 2011

Ethical Fashion

Today was beautiful. First I went to the Ethical Fashion show, which was excellent. I love fashion but often there is a very materialistic connotation that goes with this industry. The Ethical Fashion show gave me a very different impression. There were many vendors and a Catwalk show at the end. All of the vendors had different approaches to how to make beautiful things in an a way that is not harmful to our world or the people in it.
People I was particularly impressed by:
Su Blackwell, Floral paper cutouts, very whimsical.
Esther Maravi,  Knit and crochet done in fair trade alpaca.
Paperself Eyelashes, BEAUTIFUL these were so unique, and they were giving free samples! :)
Suzy Gallo, who does not have a website unfortunately, but she does really amazing work with natural dyes.
Linda Mai Phung, Cute clothes Fun raincoats.

From there we went to Shakesphere & Company which was delightful. I will definitely be going back there to sniff all those wonderful old books.

Classes start tomorrow! I can't wait. My schedule is perfect for me. I will post all my old work so that my  I can see how my work develops over the semester!

No comments:

Post a Comment